Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Writing Poetry Wednesday

Today's Writing Wednesday is going to be some poetry.
Poetry is really my forte, not writing stories. In college I took a Poetry class. The poetry class was right after I got done working in the Study Skills Center.
I dare you to say this 5 times fast: Hello! CSI Study Skills Center. How may I help you?
Anyway, they had paper and typewriters (yes, I said Typewriters! I'm old.) so I could type out a few poems every morning before Poetry class.
This was also a class that older people coming back to college or just taking a few courses for the fun of it would always join, so it was an interesting class. Then during the class the teacher would ask how long we've been working on our current poems....
Some would say "Two weeks!" Others would say, "I've been working on this poem for a whole year!"
I would never answer... but, in my head I would think, 'I typed out these 3 poems in the 5-10 minutes before class started.' Ahhh, I loved that class. EASY A! (and really, how do grade to poetry anyway... A's for Everyone!) Perhaps, if I get myself back to college I will take a writing class to help me get all these stories out of my head nicely... I already got poety down pat. :)

I Hear Hope

Head full to bursting
New Ideas, New Thoughts,
New Reasons for old problems
dropped in my brain. Plop!
Hope blooms from the pile of information
Now, we will hear each other...
Now, we will hear...


Hmmm, it was going to be a haiku, but, this is what needed to come out.
I love poetry.
This is all about my discovery and learning about Central Auditory Processing Disorder, and Sensory Integration Dysfunction and how it is changing the way I see myself and my family and how we are using the knowledge we have so far to help us help each other HEAR each other.
I like what this knowledge has done for us so far. We are definitely a little more understanding and compassionate with the kids. And I have hope that the more we learn and the more we are aware, and the more we change how we communicate and the more understanding we have and patience we have for each other the better things can get.

Because, "Knowledge is Half the Battle!"

No comments: