Friday, March 28, 2008

Kind of boring Crochet Friday

Today was Crochet Day at my friend Sarah's house. I LOVE Crochet Day.
I brought my project for the LDS International Art Competition to work on. I'm about half-way done with the crocheting part of it. But, then after that's done I'll still have a lot more to do on it.
Today I got two rows done and then crocheted a whole row that I had to take off, because it was done on the wrong side. argh!
It's an abstract crocheted wall hanging. It depicts coming up from Sin and repenting and becoming pure. It's based on a scripture from Isaiah about how "though your sins be as scarlet... they will be as white as wool" ... you know, something like that.

I keep entering this Competition... even though I realize that it's an International Competition and a Foriegn works of art are more likely to be accepted than mine from Salt Lake City.
But, Hope is Eternal.... and I keep trying.
Also, professional artist enter this competition too... I had no hope of winning in the painting category. I entered paintings twice.
Once for the very first competition, and once when Ross and I were dating. Then I got wise and made a crocheted wall hanging (like a hanging quilt but, crocheted) depicting The Beginning and then down through the ages through my pioneer ancestors to me. Yeah, it wasn't accepted.
I've never seen anything crocheted be accepted ... unless it was some sort of really fancy doily art. Usually in the textile section quilts, REALLY nice quilts, win.

All of my last entry's pics are on the other computer that doesn't work, otherwise I would post them...
This year's project is a secret until it's picture has been safely mailed in before October... my deadline.

I'm going really crazy abstract this time... and no matter what happens, I will keep entering.
Wish me luck!

No comments: