Monday, March 24, 2008

Mmm-Mmm Monday

Today I will share my secrets to making a cake mix taste great.

1. I always sift the mix. It gets rid of lumps and adds some air.
2. Add flavor to the water. For a chocolate cake I make hot chocolate out of the water.
If I want a peachy flavor I add the juice from a can of peaches.
Lemon cake? Add lemon juice to the water.
I added Vanilla Hot Chocolate to a yellow cake mix... it was pretty good.
3. You can add a small package of dry pudding mix to your cake mix.
Your cake extra tender and light.

Like Jello Poke Cake? Here's what I do:
Bake the cake.
Poke holes using the end of a wooden spoon.
Pour liquid jello all over cake and refrigerate.
THEN
Make a complimentary flavor of PUDDING and fill in the holes!
Cover with Whipped Topping.
THEN
To show everyone what flavor your Poke Cake is inside:
Use colored sugar to make a picture of the fruit flavor on top of the whipped topping.

Other Flavor Ideas:
1. Do you like Cherry Chocolate flavor?
Use a chocolate cake and cherry jello for your poke cake... perhaps around Christmas time?
2. Use a yellow cake mix, pineapple jello and coconut pudding for a Pina-Colada cake!
3. Hmmm, I haven't tried a Lemon/Lime Poke cake yet... that sounds nice!

Have fun!

No comments: