Monday, February 25, 2008

Sorry about Friday. Let's continue with a Miscellaneous Monday.

Today for Miscellaneous Monday I'll show you the cake I made and decorated for a Baby Shower that I was volunteered to be in charge of...
I've never hosted a baby shower before... but I hear that I did a good job. That's one of my talents I guess, that even though I'm a bonefide introvert, I can get up in front of people and be entertaining.
I LOVED this cake and was sad that I only got one piece.
I took a lemon cake mix (I always sift the cake mix to make it lighter and airy and NO Lumps) and added the juice of one lemon to the water amount, and the zest of same lemon to the mix as well. Nice and lemony.
Then, I put cream cheese frosting with the zest of another lemon in the middle and frosted all around with a lemon frosting. Wrote the words with a vanilla frosting w/ blue food coloring and paste.
After I got done I realized that the baby coming out of a flower seemed a bit Freudian... but, it's also very Japanese fairy tale too. Babies are always coming out of plants and fruits to be raised by childless elderly people in Japan. So, that made it okay. whew!


The lady who voluteered me to be in charge makes a wonderful Texas Sheet cake and was in charge of making sure the gift opening went smoothly.
Everyone enjoyed the Introduction Game: where everyone took turns standing up telling what their name was and WHY their parents gave them that name and/or what their name means.
Then we also played identify the baby food without the labels on them, and who can guess the measurement of the mom-to-be's tummy?
That was ENOUGH games. Games are best in moderation.
Present opening, cake and icecream eating.
And everyone had a great time.
And Now I have Baby Shower Hosting Experience under my belt.
Let's hope I don't have to do this again for a loooong time. K?



Let me just quickly make up for Friday by telling you about this: At my children's school there is a big display set up about Ancient American Indian Wall Drawings. I felt inspired and started making a figure from those wall drawings... then I turned it into a bag. I want to make more and then I will photo graph it and show and talk more about it on Friday. K?

No comments: