Friday, February 8, 2008

CROCHET FRIDAY!!!! (and figuring out putting pics on here!)


There is no ORs today! I LOVE crochet! Today I'm going to talk about a couple of my own creations. I really am thankful/blessed/happy that I'm the type of person that doesn't need a pattern to make things. I can read patterns. I can write a pattern. But, I can also take that pattern and change it and add to it and make it my own.
AND I can imagine patterns and develop items to fit my needs.
You can see from this picture that I do have a serious yarn addiction. Those rubbermaid containers are filled with yarn! Plus, I still have more bags FILLED with yarn! At least now it's organized and when I go looking for yarn it's like shopping and I can find what I need... most of the time... I still need to buy new yarns every once in a while! :)


This story all started when I was getting tired of lugging my purse around. Often, you don't need a whole purse full of stuff. Purses have always been annoying to me anyway. SO!


I crocheted a "KeyChain Wallet" for myself.
I crocheted it to fit my license and a credit card. The loops at the top, (one loop on one side of the bag and one loop on the other side so that the insides will definitely NOT come out.) fit around a D ring that my keys are all on. Obviously, keys are not enough for me... i also need a lego glow in the dark ghost and a lego Cat woman! :)








So, after telling my friend (whose daughter is in my daughter's kindergarten class) about my nifty Keychain Wallet, the other day she asked me to make one for her. She hates lugging around her purse as much as I do and liked my little Keychain Wallet. So, she offered to pay me to make her one. Her's however needed a space for a cell phone.

This is the side to hold credit cards and a license. I crocheted a keychain right onto the top of it. She can just hook her keys right on it.
I earned $10.!









Here is the side of the bag that will hold my friend's cell phone.

It's makes me feel old when I see a cell phone and think , Wow! That thing is tiny!

(we don't have a cell phone... it wouldn't work very well at home anyway, since we have a metal roof.)











This is a bag I made for myself. Yay! I was tired of having some of my hooks with me, and some hooks in the last hook keeper I made (where they can fall out), etc. So I made this bag to keep ALL of my hooks. Looks like I need to add a few rows to the top so my Q and S hooks can live here comfortably too. Maybe I'll make a shell pattern around the top?







Down below is the inside of the bag. I fpsc'ed aka. single crocheted around a post and then chained two , skipped a post and then sc'd around the next post. With two of these lines made I can slip my hooks down into this bag pretty securely and they will stay where they are and not clink against each other. Those lines on the inside make the nice dotted line pattern on the outside as shown above. Nice!
I can also fit my scissors case with all my finishing needles in there too.

Of course, ALL of my hooks aren't in there yet... I have to go figure out which crochet bag they are in! I can't wait to have ALL my hooks together in one bag!








Anyway. That's my crochet story for today. If I have a non-crochet week, which DOES happen, I will try to review previous work or talk about new techniques I've found out about.
Happy Crocheting! Happy Crafting!

No comments: