Monday, February 4, 2008

Memory Monday

I want to write a memory every Monday. I re-experience Memories all the time in my head and perhaps it would be beneficial to keeping the memory and developing my writing skills to write them here. Welcome to Memory Monday!

I remember my wedding day back in May of 1994.
I remember that the night before our wedding there was a terrible storm! We barely got back from a used book store before it started. At 5am on our wedding day (obviously I didn't sleep well, I was too happy and excited!), I looked out the window of my motel room and couldn't see across the parking lot the FOG was so bad!
By the time we were ready to get going to the temple the weather had cleared and it ended up being a really beautiful day! The sky was a perfect blue! The sun was out and it was warm. We got some nice pictures that I can't post because we got married BEFORE digital cameras and e-mail. ONE TREE ripped out of the ground on the temple grounds was the only evidence that the storm had happened.
I felt very happy and lucky to have such a great weather story from my wedding day.

My FAVORITE memory is of what song Ross and I couldn't stop singing all day long!
This song will forever remind me of my temple wedding.

"What do you do with a drunken sailor?
What do you do with a drunken sailor?
What do you do with a drunken sailor?
Ear-li in the morning?
Put him in the long boat till he's sober,
Put him in the long boat till he's sober,
Put him in the long boat till he's sober,
Ear-li in the morning!"
and on and on...

I remember us walking happily up to the temple singing this sea chanty together,
I remember us walking happily away from the temple (Yay! married!) singing this sea chanty together, I remember singing this sea chanty at odd times during that whole day.
It's weird and it's interesting and it's just us, I guess. :)

The only thing I really remember from actually getting married is that the guy who married us advised us to "Always have a love story in the home." Isn't that sweet. I think we do.

No comments: