Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Writing Wednesday


My Mountains by CraftyTeresa


The Mountains I climb,

I climb each day.

I climb the detritus of life.

I climb a Mountain of pain and tiredness,

the most challenging climb every day.

The Mountains of understanding , patience and teaching

stand before me waiting.

The Mountains of being Wife, Mother and Me equally,

stand tall and climbing all three seem impossible.

At the end of the day I am exhausted, spent...

Did I get anything done? Did I climb any Mountain today?

There are so many more Mountains to climb as well.

In my sleep I fall fitfully back down all the mountains I've climbed...

and my Mountains wait for my footsteps once more.
(a special thanks to my Dad for the pic of the mountain. I think it's from a trip he took to Idaho.)

No comments: