Monday, April 21, 2008

Two! Two! Two days in one!

No need to say, busy, sickness, etc. for my excuses for Friday's post, right?
So, today I'll include a Crochet Friday and a Mmm-Mmm Monday. K?

So, this weekend was Stake Conference for us. The youth meeting including kids ages 10-18! That meant that my son was invited to come... for the first time... to the youth meeting.
The theme of this Conference was Preparing.
Well, my son got this little thumb puppet owl in Boise on our way to Portland, Oregon last summer. In this Youth meeting he asked me if I could make a nest for him.
The owl's name is : Mr. Who
So, I made this nest that is a bag, and if you turn down the sides it's a nest.
I also, on a whim, made an egg for him... although, Mr. Who is a boy... oh well.
So, top pic is the turned down Nest Mode with egg, bottom pic is turned up bag form... it can go up a little higher. Yeah, this is what I did during Stake Conference...




Now for Mmm-Mmm Monday:
I made this last night because it's sooo good. Plus, maybe I'm just craving peaches and just need to eat some peaches. BUT, what's better than just plain peaches? Peach Upside-Down Cake!
I got the recipe off the internet, but, I've already changed it a lot to make it my own.
Peach Upside-Down Cake
1/2 cup + 1/4 cup Butter
1 cup + 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1- 28 oz can peach slices (+1 smaller can of sliced peaches)
(optional: maraschino cherries, halved)
1 1/3 cup peach juice from cans (+ water if there's not enough peach juice)
2 eggs
1 box Yellow or Butter Pecan cake mix
Melt butter in 9 x 13 pan while preheating oven to 350 degrees. When butter is melted mix in the brown sugar and make sure it's evenly distributed on the bottom of the pan.
Drain peaches, save juice. Arrange peach slices (and cherry halves) in the sugar mixture.
Add enough water to the peach juice (if you need to) to make 1 1/3 cups of liquid;
add liquid and 2 eggs to the cake mix. Mix as directed on the package.
Pour batter over the fruit. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Let stand 5 minutes then turn upside down onto a cake dish or large platter (a cookie sheet worked for me).
Serve warm with whipped cream or icecream.
Enjoy!

No comments: