Friday, February 19, 2010

a new writer's group?

Today I had lunch with my son and his friends.
I'm writing books, the girl to my right was writing books, my son is writing a book and his friend to his left wants to be a writer too. I wonder if we could talk about writing books during lunchtime every Friday? We could have a little informal writer's group... that could be fun.


Yeah, I said bookS, plural. I have three distinct ideas all clamoring for my attention... and I can't take the same old same old every day, so being able to switch back and forth between the three ideas is appealing to my crazy brain. :)
I really want to write books for boys in the Middle Grade and maybe YA. We will see how it all turns out. Two of the three are definitely for Middle Grade... the third could be YA or even a sci-fi/fantasy.
I'm making sure to carry around a notebook at all times. Wish me luck!

Hey, I also had the thought of finding every single poem I've every written and get them gathered into one place. Three of them were published. One in college, one in a ward cookbook, and one in a local, self published mother's day book. I wonder how interesting it would be to see my life through the poems I wrote? AND the stories behind the poems. Another book idea! :)

No comments: